11.24.2011

Joy In a Jar

This year we did Thanksgiving in Utah at my little brother's new house. I was asked to bring the desert and I wanted to do something a little different and unique! Although I know that pumpkin is a big part of Thanksgiving, I am not really a big fan of pumpkin pie. I only wanted to do one dessert and of course you cant have thanksgiving without pumpkin pie, so I decided to do allrecipe.com's pumpkin cheesecake. My real motivation for doing this was my excitement to cook and serve them in these cute mason jars. The moment I laid my eyes on them I knew I had to find more uses for these empty jars filled with potential.

Just a heads up that I changed the cooking time from 50-60 min to 30 min, and they came out perfect!

 Mason jars add a personal touch, great portion sizes, cook the food faster and eliminate the need for a bowl, plus whimsy place designed these stylish labels and made the dessert so special!



Here is a freebie label if you would like to make this recipe yourself. You could tie on the label with a ribbon too! I think it would make a great gift. I mean who says pumpkin isn't a Christmas food?


Don't stop with cheesecake in these cute jars. Pie is so adorable in here, with a little heart made out of crust on the top. I even think you could do individual pot pies! Let me know if you have any fun ideas for mason jars. Of course the decorating possibilities are endless but i would love to hear your ideas. Leave a comment, and then follow us in the top right corner to get all of Whimsy Place Blog's great ideas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...