11.08.2011

My dream home

One of my husband and I's favorite thing to do together is daydream about our perfect home. We have talked at great length about the size, number of bedrooms, layout, feel, etc. We have even made detailed lists! While thinking about the actual home is wonderful, I think we enjoy it mostly because we are also daydreaming about what our family and lives will be like somewhere down the road. We both want a large family and look forward to the laughter and memories that will fill our someday dream home. *Sigh*

Imagine my delight when I stumbled across this gorgeous town home located in New York that resembles my dream home more closely than anything else I've seen to date! At 7,000 square feet, it's quite a bit larger than I would ever like but the vaulted ceilings and spacious rooms are just perfect! Of course, we would want a large back yard and our own lot, but other than that this house would be very close to our dream home. Oh, and it's just a bit over our budget at 14 Million.

The exterior is vintage and classic, simple yet modern. Maybe add a large front porch with 8 or so rocking chairs in a pop of color.

This entry is to die for. Those curving stairs are incredible! 

 The view isn't too bad either :)

 I love the large arched doorways and the large chandelier. Trade out all the cherry wood floors and doors for black or white painted wood and we'd be in business.

 Doesn't this just feel so cozy and homey, but mod and ritzy at the same time? I just want to snuggle into that feather couch!

 I think I would prefer a little larger kitchen with black wood floors, but they hit it square on with the white cabinets, tile backsplash and marble countertops.

 I think the only thing that could make this room better would be penny tile on the floor.

While I don't love the curtains (and again I'd want black or white wood floors), the large windows and comfy couches are spot on. 

Definitely not my favorite room but after a little redecorating, this could be an incredible master suite. 

Oh my goodness! I definitely have my head in the clouds after this post. Better come back down and go
 finish folding the laundry :)  Do you like to daydream about your "someday" home?


1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

Chrissy! I love the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...